Community Farm Event Coordinator
Southern Appalachian Highlands Conservancy (SAHC) is an established land trust serving a 10-county region in the mountains of North Carolina and Tennessee. Since 1974, we have conserved more than 75,000 acres of the region’s unique plant and animal habitat, clean water, farmland, scenic beauty and places for people to enjoy outdoor recreation.
The Southern Appalachian Highlands Conservancy is hiring an experienced Community Farm Event Coordinator for our Community Farm in Alexander, NC. This position is part-time, hourly with flexible scheduling. The Community Farm Event Coordinator is responsible for phone consultations with potential event clients, tours of the venue, follow up emails and coordination, sending and receiving invoices, day of event venue coordination, and guest follow up.
Under the supervision of the Nature Experience Director, the Coordinator works collaboratively to implement and expand SAHC Community Farm events program goals including:
● Present, promote and sell services to prospective customers through venue tours
● Receive and respond to inquiries
● Serves as point of contact to clients to finalize contracts, provide/schedule tours, answer questions and make changes in accordance to policies
● Create accurate invoices
● Track payments
● Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
● Conduct final meetings
● Work as day-of coordinator at time of event
● Coordinate with cleaning staff pre and post events
● Support new users with an orientation to commercial kitchen resources.
● Coordinate online scheduling, process oversight, and co-teaching support.
● Manage details for numerous weddings and events
● Be knowledgeable about pricing and policies
● Maintain a professional attitude at all times
● Develop and help create SAHC community events held at the Community Farm
● Attend weekly team meetings
● Manage Instagram account
● Help develop marketing material: online and print
● Promote weddings through press releases, magazine and online articles, and other creative outlets
● Attend expos, shows, meetings, networking events, etc. on behalf of Southern Appalachian Highlands Conservancy
- A passion for conservation and environmental work
- Minimum of 2-4 years prior experience serving as a Wedding/Event Planner/Project Management/Event Coordinator
- 1-3 years experience in Marketing
- Minimum formal education of high school diploma or GED
- Computer literate, prefer strong Microsoft Office proficiency, Google Suite, Adobe Suite
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and organizational skills. Ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups of people, organizations, and agencies.
- Excellent customer service and client interfacing skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Must be available Friday, Saturday & Sunday to work a minimum of three events per month
- Must have reliable transportation to report to work
- Salesforce database knowledge
- Ability to work cooperatively with, and maintain good communications with other staff, AmeriCorps and Board members. Assist with functions and events as needed. Other duties as assigned.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Warm and personable; demonstrates self-confidence; shows energy and enthusiasm
- Professional and pleasant phone manner
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Tact and strong diplomacy skills. Talent for maintaining forward momentum in delicate situations and developing relationships with diverse background and world views.
- Desire and talent for working as part of a team. Enthusiastic, creative, self-motivated individual able to work with and motivate co-workers and volunteers.
- Persistence, sense of humor, and entrepreneurial spirit. Ability to balance and pursue multiple projects simultaneously. High tolerance for meeting competing demands efficiently, without becoming flustered.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Part-time: 18 hours/week
This is a part-time hourly position $15/hour
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to Lauren McTigue at Lauren@appalachian.org. Please include “Community Farm Event Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Open until June 2020. SAHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.